Monday, June 11, 2007

John Piper and Justin Peters Share Message against Health, Wealth and Prosperity Heresy



I don’t know what you feel about the prosperity gospel but I’ll tell you what I feel about it…HATRED!

It’s being exported from this country to Africa and Asia selling a bill of goods to the poorest of poor, “Believe this message and your kids won’t die and your wife won’t have miscarriages. You’ll have rings on your fingers and coats on your backs.”

That’s coming out of AMERICA!

People that ought to be giving our money and our time and our lives, instead of selling them a bunch of crap called “gospel”!

And here’s the reason why it’s so horrible. When was the last time an American, African, Asian ever said Jesus is all-satisfying because you drove a BMW?

NEVER!

They’ll say, “Did Jesus give you that?”

Yes.

“We’ll take Jesus.”

That’s idolatry! Not the gospel. That’s elevating gifts above giver.

I’ll tell you what makes Jesus beautiful…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro. I have to confess. I didn't get the video from your blog. I saw it for the first time on a another friend's blog (www.ncmin.com). I saw your Piper/Peters post on my RSS feeds, but I hadn't actually looked at it yet. That's too funny. I guess I should be a more faithful reader of gospel resurgence. : )